Perfect quiet day in Michigan when the phone vibrated that I had a new text message from Dangerous Dave stating they where closing in on the border. The only thing that meant was that good times where about to begin. I quick gear up and punch out, as I approach my ride in the parking lot I spy Markie waiting patiently for the departing time to meet the bad boys from Boston. We mount our steeds and head out to make it the 89 mile trip in record time. Like all great plans just as we arrive into the town that we will be meeting in I get that fimilar twitch in my left breast... sure enough it's another text from Dave stating that they will be arriving in 40 minutes. Mark and I gas up our bikes and head for the off ramp that the boys will be exiting the slab from. No more than five minutes after we get there they rumble by... we quick catch up and lead them to the refueling station; Jumbo's Burger Bar for a couple cold ones and some chow. The Barmaid there is this full of life old lady that keeps us on our toes the whole visit... and even encourages us to try and run out and leave Zig with the bill... Once outside we mount up and take the boys on the scenic tour of West Michigan back to my palace to prepare for the canoe trip. More on the canoe trip in the next post. Be sure to check out Dave's blog as he posts day by day adventures on his three week vaca... bastard!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahem...feel free to get another post up here. Soon. You know; so that ridiculous pic of me gets moved down the page a ways. ;-)
Post a Comment