Next up was a nice area that you could see both sides of the canyon stretching for miles.
Then this is were the ride got interesting! I see the road I saw on the map and wanted to take getting closer on the gps and then the big brown warning sign. I did not stop and take a picture of it but it pretty much warned of everything but death. The main warning that didn't sound that bad was the steep grades, but proved to be exhilarating. I turned down the road and could not believe what I got myself into, immediately the road plunged straight down. It reminded me of dirtbike days as a kid going over edges of cliffs seeing if I could ride down, that's how steep these were, then and in super tight switchbacks in the middle of the decline. Here is a shot of a little decline and the picture doesn't do it any justice.
I proceeded to wonder until I found the town of Leesburg Alabama, were I stopped to get gas and some snacks. I referred to the map and chose the next direction to travel. I wanted to get back at a reasonable hour to meet Joerg and Becky for supper so I took some familiar roads from previous trips and captured one of my favorite views.
Heading out for our night entertainment now, if I still have energy later I will post about them.
Later,
Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment