Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nothing like a Weekend of Self Torture

First it was the time change last week reeking havoc with my after work rides by bringing on the darkness much too early. Then old man winter is slowing regaining his grip on us and I am sure its not long before he starts to squeeze the life out of us for the next four months. If all that doesn't spell "SIDS" (season induced depression syndrome) or in my extreme cases "CGOARS" (can't get out and ride syndrome) then try figuring out why a guy with these issues would come home with this DVD this week.




After watching the first four hours, salivating, yearning to take off on an adventure I pass out dreaming of riding in exotic lands. In the morning when I awake the only plus is that it is Saturday and I get to head down to the shop, that's the motorcycle shop. Its quiet around the shop so after watching an adventure video of some riders adventures to Alaska I spend the rest of the day washing a couple of bikes and rearranging the showroom floor. The day ended kind of like what would happen if you sent a recovering drunk to an open bar... really, it's not like I was being pushed over the edge or anything...but now look what sits in my garage.




Sunday morning I woke with even stronger desires for my adventures. Instead of restless twitching in bed trying to suppress them I got up and departed the house on my own little adventure at 8 A.M.. Once the garage door opened and I rolled down the street in 32 degree weather and snow squalls I figured I wouldn't get any takers for a ride today so I put the Bob & Tom show on and just jammed out about 100 miles before calling the gang to see if they were going to breakfast somewhere. Sure enough they were going to their normal spot so I turned the bike around back north and made my way to meet them. After a big fulfilling meal and some cheerful camaraderie I suited up and headed off into horizon looking for more adventures. I could of rode all day but figured since it was all ready pushing into early afternoon I should get home and spend some time with Betina before another work week starts.


Once home I put that damn DVD back in and now I am a mess again... anyone want to borrow it for a while so I can't torture myself to death.

No comments: