
Yep, that's right, snow! I grabbed a cup of joe and sat watching the stuff fall from the sky blanketing everything with a white sheet. I then tuned in the weather, and this is going to continue and we could get up to three inches over night tonite. I glance over to Betina and shrug, "I guess I am not going riding today" I state. After the second cup of joe I decide that I should get the summer slicks off the car and put on the winter tires. I get dressed and get the tires and hubcaps out of the basement and into the garage. I tune the radio onto some rock and gather all my tools. Each time I do this I am getting faster and faster, I pretend I am a pit crew worker and rock out the first three tires...then!... should I say anymore... Yes that's when it all went to hell.

When I got to the last rear wheel I couldn't get the socket over the lug nuts. You see, the wonderful Dodge designers had to make these fancy lug nuts that have this very thin metal cover over the entire lug nut, it is very hard to get the correct size socket on them. My guess is the lazy piece of snow at the dealership last time the car was there used the next size socket and spun all these wonderful pieces around so they no longer resemble a nut. I finally pounded on a socket and couldn't budge it, so then I stood with all my weight on the 1/2" drive breaker bar and still nothing. Not only did that piece of snow use the wrong socket, he tightened them so damn tight that there was no way to get them off. To say the least I had loads of sweet words coming from my mouth in the garage. Off to the store to by a different wrench and some creating fun to get the little metal covers off, I finally got the wheel off and and the last winter tire on. I then inflated and checked all the pressures. Few! mission complete. Now Betina should be able to cruise along again this winter with no worries. As you can see from the photo below the stock GoodYears are about shot, looks like I will be watching for a good tire deal between now and spring.

That's the Winter Bridgestone (awesome tire) on the left and the crap stock GoodYear on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment