Yesterday, it was a typical crappy day here in Michigan but I am a man on a mission so I got up early as usual and took the long way to the coffee shop then to work. It was around 34 degrees and threatening rain... or snow all day but that didn't deter my attempts to first reach my self imposed mileage goal for this year and to try and store up some sMILES for when I am force to drive the damn jeep... you can store sMILES and carry em over right??? Any way I ran out of work right at 4:30pm and when I pulled into my driveway at 6:30pm I had managed to squeeze in 102 sMILES! That made the days total 138 sMILES. Once home I tinkered with everything but my blog... Not a bad day after all.
That brings us to today, which makes yesterdays crap look like roses today. Once again I was up early and out the door sporting a smile that I am still able to ride the bike, even though I hear muffled undertones where-ever I go... "nuts...retard...kook...idiot..." and many more. It was a warm...ehhh...warmer morning than all day yesterday. Yes, it was a whole whopping 36 degrees, with bonus drizzles and puddles! I was planning on leaving work on time again and going for another ride even though the weather wasn't very appealing... pouring rain! But the boss man had another plan for me and I got stuck at the office until after dark so I just headed for home on all the back roads thru neighborhoods since it seems that people have a heck of a time remembering how to drive their vehicles once we turn the clocks back. Oh my! I almost forgot to tell you how warm it was... actually almost hot, it was 41 degrees! Once home and out of my alien suit I was just about to sit down and that's when my lovely little comedian came home. I inquired what was for our nightly snack and lunch tomorrow... she threw the fridge door open... squinted and asked if I had my sunglasses on and could see into the fridge. That's her way of saying "it's empty". She then disappeared down the stairs to her art studio. Seeing that I am part comedian too, I said "c-ya later honey, I am going food shopping" and headed out. I think I fixed the empty fridge problem... whatcha think?

I am waiting for her to come up and see my job well done! I know your wondering, so do you want a little peek into what Betina has been up to in the basement... Up until three weeks ago she never even knew about this art median, now she is an expert painting up wonderful things. I am going to take close ups of all her work and get it up here in the near future. Oh, and if you see something you like, let me know... I am selling it to support my motorcycle habit.

1 comment:
Nice!! Paul is back! Good to see you again, Bro. Well done on the blog, as usual! As for the empty fridge? I say; Salute! Definitely a worthy fix to such a daunting problem. Glad to hear you're keeping the faith with the miles and smiles. I'm sending you a mental "Atta Boy!" and counting the days 'til our tires shred the same roadways once more.
Now what's this about a "pain in the arse biker"??
Post a Comment